27 July 2012
MirandaNet Summer 2012 Newsletter
Our main concern in England as we go into the new academic year is the lack of confidence in schools about the value of digital technologies now that the ICT curriculum has been disapplied for 2 years in the UK. We are, therefore, inviting international educators, policy makers and developers to share strategies and develop new way of professional working and providing evidence. The intention is that as a community, we can better influence the exploitation of digital technologies in schools in the future.
We hope we will, therefore, see as many members as possible, face to face and online at our CPD event from November 5th-7th 2012 in Bedford for "Exploring Education Futures: linking digital technologies, grassroots practice and the making of policy". This is a follow up on the issues we identified at the Prague conference in June. You can sign up for the three days or one or two via the link in the on-line summer newsletter where we also cover a range of topics that have occupied our international members this year.
The Topics in the summer newsletter are:
- Exploring Educational Futures, a MirandaNet CPD event, Nov 5th - 7th, 2012, Bedford;
- MirandaNet development of Open Educational Resources for HEA/JISC/ITTE;
- MirandaMods at the Education Innovation Show, Manchester, March 8th/9th 2013;
- ITTE conference including a MirandaMod : July 10th - 13th, 2013.
Reports and resources from activities
- A MirandaMod, St Anne's College, Oxford, July 5th, with ITTE colleagues: report;
- Miranda's 20th birthday unconference, Poskole, Prague, June 2012: report;
- Poskole proceedings and resources: June 2012;
- MirandaNet awards in Prague.
- The disapplication of the ICT Curriculum in England;
- Nobody died of PowerPoint!
- Membership offers from LightSpeed, Iris Connect and, Immersive Education;
- Three new partnership with: HANDSON, an EU project; Education Futures Collaboration Trust; and the Future Learning Research Centre.
- Research exchange
- Call for papers from Greece
The full newsletter is here: http://www.mirandanet.ac.uk/researchexchange/articles/bulletins/