Search the Case Studies
MirandaNet Fellowship Casestudy
Introducing ICT-based Multimodal mapping
Eight functions of multimodal mapping
Year of posting: 2007
8 Functions of multimodal mapping:
1. To direct thinking: as a teaching presentation tool, to organise topic coverage and group activities.
2. To stimulate discussion and dialogical learning: to promote speaking and
4. To facilitate higher order thinking: to generate thinking skills through finding relationships and identifying gaps in understanding.
7. As an assessment tool: mapping can provide evidence for formative assessment in assessment for learning activities and as a learning self-evaluation tool in personalised learning.
8. Publication and display: visual and text representations provide a stimulating form of presentation.
Multimodal mapping, graphic representations
How do we use multimodal mapping?
How can we access external and internal representations which indicate quality of learning?
MirandaNet Members can go to the Log on/off area to edit their own casestudies.