Welcome to MirandaNet at BETT14, January 22nd – 25th 2014
MirandaNet Fellows invite ITTE colleagues to join us in the MirandaNet Lounge; Gallery Suite 4, to participate at the start of the 2014 programme of MirandaMods where an invited panel will discuss key educational topics. The MirandaMods will be streamed live using Google Hangouts on Air and recorded to YouTube for later viewing. In 2014 the debates follow the interests of members who are setting up MirandaNet action research groups. Is there one for you?
MOOCS for International CPD
- How can teachers and educators maximise the benefits of MOOCs and quality assure them in international professional development contexts?
- This session is held under the auspices of the HandsOn project: www.handsonict.eu.
- This will be followed by a MirandaNet action research group meeting on MOOCs for CPD.
Wednesday, 22 January 2014 from 14:00 to 15:00 (GMT
Video for Learning
- How can we harness the affordances of video for learning for both teachers and for students?
- This will be followed by a MirandaNet research group meeting on digital technologies in CPD
Wednesday, 22 January 2014 from 16:30 to 17:30
- Does gaming offer effective learning contexts?
- Followed by a MirandaNet research group meeting on games based learning
Thursday, 23 January 2014 from 11:00 to 12:30
Research and Practice
- What strategies will enable teachers to share current research findings in the way that doctors do? Has open content/ access a role to play?
Thursday, 23 January 2014 from 16:00 to 19:00
- What are the best professional development models for teaching digital capabilities and how should they be assessed? HandsOn is an EU funded project designed to help teachers use ICT tools in the context of digital creativity see www.handsonict.eu.
- This will be followed by a HandsOn/MirandaNet research group meeting on MOOCs.
Friday, 24 January 2014 from 12:00 to 13:30
Who's in Charge?
- How have mobile devices, network technology and internet access changed school culture and the balance between home and school?
- This will be followed by a MirandaNet research group meeting on mobile devices
Friday, 24 January 2014 from 14:30 to 15:30
Careers in the 21st Century
- Can digital and social media help students choose a career ?
Friday, 24 January 2014 from 16:30 to 17:30
Only Coding Matters?
- Learning Coding is now deemed a very important life skill, but what else to children and students need to know about digital technologies and computers?
Saturday, 25 January 2014 from 11:30 to 12:30
MirandaNet World Ecitizens:
- How do teachers across the world use digital technologies in their classrooms?
- Discussion led by Lawrence Williams
- This will be followed by a MirandaNet action research group meeting attended by schools who would like to be in curriculum exchanges with schools globally.
Places for the MirandaMods, face to face and online are limited so sign register as soon as you can today...
You can register for the individual sessions at: www.eventbrite.co.uk/org/5446600173
We will be in touch with more information about the panelists... BTW We still have some panelist places to fill and we are looking for a chair for the Games MirandaMod. Can you help?
There will be an official BETT14 BESA/MirandaNet launch of MESH on Thursday 23rd January from 1200 – 1300 to which you are most welcome. You can investigate the potential of MESH to influence education policy here (www.meshguides.org)
The MirandaNet BETT14 lounge
The MirandaNet lounge provides an informal meeting space with free tea, coffee and biscuits and telephone chargers. All MirandaNet members and their colleagues are welcome to use the space to relax and participate in MirandaMods that take place throughout the show. (Please note we are unable to store coats and bags.)
MirandaNet debating and research activities have been supported by our company associates since 1992. If you are not a member of MirandaNet you can join for free.
MirandaNet has been part of the BETT scene since the foundation of the organisation, and you can explore some of the highlights of previous years when BETT was held at Olympia.
This year's BETT show will again be in a different location from that of previous years, the ExCel international exhibition and convention centre in London's Docklands.
Highlights from BETT13
- Christina Preston interviews Bob Geldof
- The ICT Curriculum
- Re-engineering education: a call for collective action
- Digital publication after the MirandaNet event
Highlights from MirandaNet at BETT in previous years (MirandaNet Archive Site)